Sunday, January 14

Dublin, Ireland, land of beers aplenty

Next thing I know I’m in Dublin. Several hours to play around, I head for Temple Bar to find a pub or two to lay my worries to rest. Cheese stand at market

Passing the Saturday market on the way, I can’t resist stopping to grab some cheese and bread to add to my already stinking collection.

I end up having some great beer at the Porterhouse, one of Dublin’s microbreweries. An awesome old-fashioned hand-pumped red ale with lots of great flavor and next to no carbonation. I’d be drinking this all the time if I could get my hands on it stateside. The eponymous Porterhouse Red and a taste of the “An Brain Blasta” followed.

Soon I was moving on to tuck into a Kilkenney (my real reason for the stopover in Dublin). One for me and one for an Irish gal back home, I was buzzed and back on my way to the airport.

No comments: